Read It Once Again offers Curriculum Units and Interactive White Board activities based on the popular storybook, "The Mitten" by Jan Brett.
- Available: Level 1 and Level 2 curriculum unit and Interactive White Board Activities. Select an individual product or combo.
- The storybook is not included. To purchase book please refer to our Scholastic Literacy Partners page.
Storybook and Level 1 Curriculum Unit Highlights:
- Extensive text and vocabulary
- Teaches animal identification
- Variety of gross motor movements associated with each animal
- Story-telling sequencing skills
- Discuss Ukrainian culture
- Colorful detailed illustrations
- Good winter unit
Level 2 Featured Activities:
- Phonemic awareness:
The Mitten Alphabet Cards (letter identification)
Matching Boots Color Words
One or Many Animals (plurals)
Animals in Action (action words)
Dots & Numbers on a Mitten (number identification)
A Basket Full of Yarn (graphing)
The Mitten Simple Addition and Subtraction
Shapes in a Mitten Shape Book
A Closer Look at Animals in the Mitten
What is Snow?
Nicki, It’s Cold Outside! (weather chart)
The Great Snowball Melt (measuring with a thermometer)
Creative Writing and Social Studies:
The Mitten Creative Writing Stories
If I Were a _____, Action Writing Prompts
It’s a Cultural Thing (Ukranian Culture)
|The Mitten||Read It Once Again Level 1 Curriculum unit based on this popular storybook.|